We are on the hunt for an exceptional person to join Weightless.
Weightless is a boutique production company based in Collingwood VIC that specialises in narrative driven film and video production.
We’re growing and looking for a skilled, driven and efficient person to join our small team as an animator and video editor. We want someone who can take ownership of projects and put their own stamp on them. Someone who’s keen to develop and grow their skills.
You’ll be working on projects ranging from commercial and corporate content through to feature length documentaries and just about everything in between.
We have a strong focus on making sure our clients enjoy the experience of working with us and in turn, enjoy the work ourselves.
Working out of our studio, your role will be to take the reins on post-production with a focus on:
• Motion graphics / Animation including standalone animated videos and integrated animated content
• Video editing (offline/online)
• Title design
• Colour grading
You’ll be working primarily in the Adobe CC suite and Davinci Resolve on MacOS.
In addition to post-production, there will be opportunities to work in the field where you will assist on shoots.
What’s in it for you?
• Great working environment
• Diverse range of projects and clients
• Domestic and International travel opportunities (once COVID sorts itself out!)
• Development and up-skilling in your areas of interest
• Flexible hours with opportunity to work from home
• A passion for filmmaking and storytelling
• 3+ years experience in motion graphics and video editing
• High-level knowledge of Adobe CC Suite – particularly After Effects and Premiere Pro
• High-level creativity with the ability to execute on those ideas
• Punctual with great time management
• Car and driver’s license
• Colour grading ability and experience with Davinci Resolve
• Audio mixing skills (Adobe Audition and/or ProTools)
• Skills in other areas of production including camera, sound recording, producing and design
• High-level knowledge of beverages including (but not limited to) coffee and beer
Send the following to email@example.com:
• Intro telling us a bit about yourself and a short summary of your experience
• Link to your showreel (if you don’t have a showreel, just send through links to 3 videos you have online)
• Your current CV (one page is fine – no fluff required!). Please include references.
We will not accept applications in any way other than via the email address above.
Applications are open until Friday August 6th.
Thanks for taking the time to read through and look forward to receiving your application!